Friday, June 8, 2007

How to Save a Tree in Two Easy Steps, or Don't Become a Statistic

I've never been your average kinda person and the following certainly proves it. According to the Gartner Group and those paper-loving folks at HP, the average daily web user prints 28 pages daily. I checked my garbarge bin, oops I mean recycling bin, and I've only used four pages today, way below average.

I just ran around and changed the print settings for all of the editorial computers. All print jobs will automatically print double-sided. Eight editors will save, on average, 126 pages each day.

Don't become a statistic. To cut down on your paper use, change your default settings to print double-sided.

Directions for PCs
Man this is so easy, but makes a huge difference.
1.Go into your computer's control panel and select printers and faxes.
2.Select your printer. Select finishes and change to double-sided.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even better go to Preferences, Finishes, and click 2 pages per sheet (side by side printing)